Have a guitar you want to showcase? Don’t leave them hidden away in the closet – Proudly display them using a Guitar Display Case Cabinet. These step-by-step instructions will help you achieve the look of a professional display at a fraction of the cost of traditional framing stores.
All you will need are a few simple tools:
CORRECTION: The drilled hole should be 3/16" (not 3/8" like stated in the video).
Estimated time: ~15 minutes
1. Selecting Your Display Case
The product used in this tutorial is the Guitar Display Case Cabinet. This case comes with everything you need to achieve a DIY professional mounting:
- Handcrafted, furniture-grade beech hardwood frame
- 98% UV protection, ultra-clear acrylic that will safeguard your items from fading
- 4 color options: Black, Cherry, Walnut, and Oak wood finishes
- 2 background color options: Black and Red
For more inspiration on selecting your color and mounting options, take a look at reviews for customer submitted photos.
To find the ideal location to mount your guitar, we'll begin by test fitting the guitar and taking a few measurements.
- Assemble the guitar mount.
- Swivel the neck piece onto the mounting plate.
- Identify the position of the guitar mount.
- The width of this guitar case's inside is 18". The center should therefore be 9".
- The height depends on your guitar. Test fit the guitar and guitar mount to see at what height you will position the guitar mount.
- Mark the two drill holes for the guitar mount.
3. Drilling the Holes
The guitar mount is secured by 2 t-nuts from the back of the case and 2 bolts from the front (inside) of the case.
- Drill 3/16" holes in the two marks you made previously.
- Clear out debris.
4. Attaching the Guitar Mount
Note: It may help to prop up your case to have access to the inside and back.
- Line the guitar mount to the holes you drilled.
- Insert the t-nuts from the back of the case into the holes.
- Using a screwdriver, attach the bolts until tight.
5. Placing the Guitar
- With the guitar mount secure, remove any remaining debris or protective film and carefully clean the UV protection acrylic.
- Hang your guitar on the mount.
6. Final Product
And that is how you can mount a guitar case yourself at home! For an affordable price and with a fun DIY project, you can proudly showcase your prized collection.
Make sure to view our video for a step-by-step visual walkthrough and subscribe to our channel for more related how-to displays.
Check out the Guitar Display Case Cabinet here!